AVIS BUDGET Management, aiming to combine a smooth development of the company’s activities with its continuous care for public health protection against Sars-Cov-2, has developed and implements a «Covid Shield» Management System, applicable as described below:
- Rent A Car: short-term car lease (duration 1 day up to 1 year)
- Leasing: Long-term car lease, applicable to enterprises of all legal forms but also individuals
- Repair shops: Maintenance and repair services for all vehicles of the fleet
In the frame of the application of the above Management System, AVIS BUDGET’s Management commits:
- To implement the «Covid Shield» Management System in all its activities that take place in the AVIS BUDGET premises:
- To conform with all necessary legal and other requirements under which the activities of the company fall under and are related to public health protection with regards to Covid – 19.
- To assess and evaluate the development and implementation methods for all its activities, aiming to decrease or/ and eliminate the possibility of the virus transmission during the activities.
- To continuously improve its existing mechanisms and processes and including any new and improved ones, taking advantage of its own know-how and the respective legal requirements, aiming to always protect public health from Sars-Cov-2.
- To always provide the necessary infrastructure, human and material resources required for AVIS BUDGET operation to take place under safety for the clients, the personnel and all associates, and in accordance with the respective legislation for public health protection against Sars-Cov-2.
- To ensure that each of the employees and associates are fully aware of how important their own role and code of conduct is for the protection of public health against Sars-Cov-2 and to fully comply with the present policy and the applicable «Covid Shield» System.
On the basis of the above commitments, the AVIS BUDGET Management aims to:
- Inform all stakeholders and associates about the actions that AVIS BUDGET has undertaken to ensure protection of public health against Sars-Cov-2 and urges them to comply and engage in their implementation.
- Train and raise awareness of the AVIS BUDGET personnel, aiming to fully comply with the AVIS BUDGET for the protection of public health against Sars-Cov-2 while performing their work/ activities.
- Inform clients about AVIS BUDGET’s activities regarding protection of public health against Sars-Cov-2 and urge them to comply and participate in them.
To ensure proper application of the «Covid Shield» Management System, the Management has set and regularly monitors the following indicators:
- Number of training / awareness raising actions.
- Number of client complaints filed.
- Number of problems regarding external providers (product or service providers).
- Number of Non-Compliances during internal or external audits.
The present policy is applicable to all activities/ works that take place within the AVIS BUDGET premises, for all interested parties and stakeholders that are related or/and affected by the operation of the company and any other organisations that may use the AVIS BUDGET premises. The policy is applicable non-stop, throughout the operation of the AVIS BUDGET activities. Furthermore, the policy is being reviewed regularly, by the Management, to ensure compliance with any new developments and to always remain up to date according to any instructions provided by the competent authorities.
The Covid Shield Policy is available for all interested parties and stakeholders that are concerned with AVIS BUDGET’s operations after application through the company’s website.